Information for parents and players
Hookin2Hockey has been developed to give children aged 10 and under a fun environment in which to learn the game of hockey and perfect the skills in a modified game-based environment. It is run by hockey clubs and associations in every state and territory across Australia and replaced what used to be known as Minkey. Click on the graphic below to download the official guide to Hookin2Hockey.
A 4-10 week program, children taking part in Hookin2Hockey will:
Find your nearest Hookin2Hockey centre
- Enjoy a fun environment in which to learn the game of hockey and perfect the skills
- Meet other children and enjoy the positive social experience that team sports provide
- Join a pathway which can transition them into club-based competitive hockey at youth level
- Be introduced to an internationally renowned sport played in over 116 countries
- Have the option to purchase the amazing Hookin2Hockey participant pack
Parents, you can find for your nearest Hookin2Hockey centre by visiting hookin2hockey.hockey.org.au and searching for Hookin2Hockey providers in your area. Each club/provider sets the registration fee for their program. Once your child is registered you will have the opportunity to purchase an amazing Hookin2Hockey participant pack for just $40.
Hookin2Hockey participant pack
For just $40, each Hookin2Hockey participant will have the opportunity to purchase the starter pack, which includes a Kookaburra hockey stick and Kookaburra hockey ball, stick bag, shin pads, mouth guard, whistle and umpires cards, and a reversable singlet.
Information for clubs and associations
Hookin2Hockey can help your club or association recruit junior hockey players. Click on the graphic above to download the official guide to Hookin2Hockey.
The benefits of running Hookin2Hockey include:
- Access to a nationally recognised brand and relevant national brand marketing material to support and enhance your club's existing initiatives.
- Access to the Hookin2Hockey coaching guide, allowing your club to run a structured, game-based program which is both fun and safe for children.
- Significant cost savings on the supply of marketing, participant packs, competitions and giveaways.
- Streamlined online registration process, reducing administration by the club.
- All registered clubs receive an activity guide containing warm-up activities, skills and games.